The Massena Savings & Loan is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Under federal law, we are required to give you this privacy notice. The following privacy principles were established to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal financial information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms (information such as you name, address, social security number, current assets, current liabilities, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Informtation we receive from credit reporting agencies (infomation such as your credit worthiness and credit history).
- Informtion obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
- Information obtained from public sources such as federal, state or local records (information such as mortgage and other lien information.
Why Massena Savings & Loan Collects Information
We collect information about you to:
- Accurately identify you
- Help us design or improve our products and services
- Establish and adminster you accounts
- Understand your financial needs
- Comply with certain regulatory requirements
Massena Savings & Loan has established prodedures so that the financial information that we collect is accurate, current and complete. We are committed to work with you to promptly correct any inaccurate information.
Parties to Whom We Disclose Non-public Personal Information
We may disclose all of the above categories of nonpublic information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Other financial service providers (only upon customer request)
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer credit reporting agencies, data processors, plastic card processors, government agencies and collections companies
We also disclose information to complete transactions initiated by you, when you request or authorize the disclosure, or if the disclosure is required by law. At times it is necessary to disclose information to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of an agreement we have with you and to protect the rights, property and safety of the Massena Savings & Loan or our customers.
If you terminate your relationship with Massena Savings & Loan, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
We do not share our current or previous customers' non-public personal information with affiliated or non-affiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
Access to your personally identifiable financial information is limited to employees with a specific business reason for utilizing this data. Our employees are educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and consumer privacy. If necessary, we take appropriate disciplinary steps to enforce our employee's responsibility to protect you very personal information. In order to prevent unauthorized access to your information, we maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
Protecting Your Information Online
When you choose to access our web-site, none of your account or personal information is retained by The Massena Savings & Loan online banking system. Any of the information that you choose to provide to us or that has been collected by us is strictly confidential.
If you do choose to access your online banking account, we use technology that encrypts, or scrambles, information so it can transfer privately between you and Massena Savings & Loan's banking network. Additionally, you are required to provide an I.D. and user password, both of which have been chosen by you.